New Blog!

Please visit me at my new blog, PrettyLittlePaperThings for new and exciting posts!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Get Organized - Step 5: Attack

Next is the ATTACK!
  1. De-Junk: get rid of the stuff you don’t use, need, or want

  2. Give everything a home: you’ll more likely put it away when you’re finished

  3. Categorize then containerize: fit the stuff to the container

  4. Label: label, label, label!

Take everything out of the space that you’re working on and categorize it in a way that makes sense to you, and then get containers to fit the stuff. I recently bought 4 or 5 clear plastic storage containers thinking I wanted to get organized. I had to fit my stuff to the container rather the container to my stuff, which has been frustrating. I should have categorized the stuff I wanted to organize and then bought containers to fit. Lesson learned.

Finally, labeling. This is my favorite part! You could buy a labeling machine which is anywhere from $10-$30 but that's no fun, I use post-it notes and then "I got scrappy with it" and made some cute labels. A fun idea for moms with young children is to label every drawer and cupboard to help teach your children where things go and also how to read. For non-readers, label with pictures. Having labels on drawers and cupboards makes putting things away into a game for young children. They’ll want to help if they think they’re playing a game!

YAYY! Mission accomplished! Post some pics of your before and after, we'd love to cheer you on!!!

... now, where's next??

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:- -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) Live with integrity.... -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Create with passion!
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* -:¦:- NikkiNix

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails