New Blog!

Please visit me at my new blog, PrettyLittlePaperThings for new and exciting posts!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I don't doooo red :(

Monday's 356 cards Day 142 challenge: Let the Twilight movie inspire your card. Use a black card base or black background, patterned paper where the dominant color is red, and embellish with either glitter or rhinestones. Anything else goes.

Welll... I am nooot a red person, at all! So this was quite a challenge for me. I have to admit the rhinestones made me think of feathers and bling but that's nooot the feel I get from the movie so althogh fun, I went off on a creative tangent not appropriate for RED! So, I'll save those ideas for another more appropriate time/challenge. In the meantime, I got out my digi-cutter (still having house guests soon again, so my setup sucks) to cut out numbers in the "special" font the Bride wants for table numbers for the wedding this weekend so I figured, while I am waiting for it to cut.. let's see what we have that could make my plain red paper 'pass' for this challenge. Well, I found this template from the Craft Robo Mega Store and made it square instead and I love it and I don't want to add anything... if I knew how to emboss, I'd add some black on black embossing to give a little sheen, otherwise 0 it rocks!!

The inside is black with 2 red squares centered, with a poem printed on one. The poem came from my original blingy idea which WILL resurface again.. just wait! I printed this from my computer, and used some fancy fonts to make it elegant but the camera is crapping out on me right now :(
Time is too slow for those who wait,
too swift for those who fear,
too long for those who grieve,
too short for those who rejoice,
but for those who love,
time is eternity.
--Henry Van Dyke


Here's where I staaaarted going with it... :)

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! You DO do red! Wonderful card - you absolutely rocked this challenge! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card and the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just did red! Love the intricate card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Perhaps you should do red more often if this is the result... classy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you fib...you do red very well. I love it. I also love the rhinestone and ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails