New Blog!

Please visit me at my new blog, PrettyLittlePaperThings for new and exciting posts!

Friday, July 17, 2009

Apache wedding blessings

A dear friend of ours is getting married next weekend and her colours are tiffany blue and chocolate brown and she's a girl who likes things real clean and classic. I found this poem and it immediately made me think of her so this is handmade with love for her:


I used some foam squares to give the card depth, some diamond stickles for a little shimmer and my grey copics to give the accent flower some depth and also took some inspiration from these challenges: Rosie D's challenge Week 42 - Weddings, 365 cards Day 138: She said and I quote and CPS 124's sketch :

May the sun bring you new energy by day,

May the moon softly restore you by night.

May the rain wash away your worries,

And the breeze blow new strength into your being.

And all the days of your life may you walk

Gently through the world and know its beauty.

Apache Blessing Author Unknown

7 comments:

  1. This card is simply lovely... elegant and stylish. You're friend is a lucky lady... its a beautiful keepsake.
    Thank you for joining us at rosie dees this week i hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs lynx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and elegant card!!

    Thanks for taking part at the Rosie-Dee's Challenge!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is just fabulous your colours and design are just perfect and those flowers and that sentiment are utterly beautiful.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is lovely! I love that blessing & had it at my wedding!!! Thank you for joining us at R/D's this week X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Thanks for playing at R-D's x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and so elegant in it's pure simplicitry. Your friend will adore it I'm sure.

    Thanks for playing along at Rosie Dees this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails