New Blog!

Please visit me at my new blog, PrettyLittlePaperThings for new and exciting posts!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I wonder what I'll name her ....

So I've been busy. I just ordered 12 new Copic markers and 7 Various ink refills of my all time faves (2 which have run out and one which is getting a tad light, and 2 that I use all the time when airbrushing). and... an air compressor! LOL... yeah, I did it and I am crazy but I got an unexpected bonus at work and after dumping most of it into bills and such, I treated myself to this generous gift *eh hem...* I mean investment *wink wink*

COPIC TIP: Start light, and buy in threes.

I took the Copic Colour Wheel and put a dot beside each marker that I own, then I compared tones and all that jazz we learned in the Copic Certification Class and chose complimenting light and darks for the markers I love the most.


It's so hard not to just get them all, but I am being very picky in choosing how to expand when I just bought an AIR COMPRESSOR :) LOL...


I must say I love Ellen Hutson and she's become my first stop shop for everything Copic because I like to support our own but I've been eyeing this darned compressor for over 2 months now and it's been out of stock AND since I have to ship things from the UW to Canada I have to be careful about how much and when and our taxes are insane! I hate the 'surprise' taxes I get after ordering a beautiful bounty for the US - so my opportunity knocked and I answered.

First, I ordered the compressor here and all my Copics and hoses and stuff from Ellen. I felt so invigorated yesterday when my all time wonderful best friend said will be travelling to the US this month and will be back in a few weeks so not only can I ground ship my order to a residential address for her, she'll hand deliver the darned thing to me personally when she returns with her "almost empty" checked luggage - WOOOOO WEEEEEE I hear the angels singing :)

So... the embossing tool and stuff I've had my crafty mojo set on since Christmas will have to wait until my next splurge... probably closer to winter when embossed textures will be sooo pretty ;)

Now... onto the important question...

What will I name my new, true-blue crafty pal??
Any ideas??

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:- -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) Live with integrity.... -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Create with passion!
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* -:¦:- NikkiNix

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki,
    Congrats on your bouncing baby air compressor! I just ordered my first magnolia stamps and am about to order copics. Got your info from the site and I used to live in Pickering (north of Barrie now). Love your work. Could you please email me. I have some questions about your certification. Thanks so much,
    Leslie
    tscqueen@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails