New Blog!

Please visit me at my new blog, PrettyLittlePaperThings for new and exciting posts!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

How many monkeys ??

One of the joys of having an 18 month old is that she's starting to speak more inteligably so you'll hear a mis-mash of Baa Baa Ba ' zeep and No mor e monkeys dadu dau daaa daaa deee (type thing) - I don't even need a radio in the car anymore :) So this is my ONE little monkey who jumps on my bed and hits MY head while singing amd jumping - who needs TV!!


The Monkey image is a FREE one from Doodle Dragon's Blog

Challenges: 365 Cards Day 209 and MMSC21 from Priscilla Styles

I'm also going to start experimenting on how to show Copic techniques so once I am certified and excited to show you EVERYTHINGGGG, I'll know what to do and take pics of ;)

So here's my Monkeying around:
After coloring the base colors, I started shading with a darker color on the monkey
And did the same, shaded with a darker color on the leaves and vine
And then went back with the original base color and blended the dark in like this

And here are all the copics I used to do the job.

I also have this awesome white gel pen that I used to give a glint off of his teeth with a bit of shine.

Have a beauuutiful day :)

Nikki

11 comments:

  1. bIG MONKEY HUG WELCOME to the Midnight Madness sketch challenges. Your card is no Monkey business is it?? LOL It really is adorable and we are just thrilled that you want to play with us :)Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week. If you find the time and have not done so already, please stop back by and get in on the “BIG” giveaway contest.
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Midnight Madness! What a cute monkey! I've never thought of using my white gel pen on teeth! Great idea! TFS! Great take on the sketch! Hope to see you again next week!

    Sue
    MMDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Big Welcome to Midnight Madness! Very cute monkey and I think your tutorial is so nicely done :) Thank you for sharing it. Nice take on the the sketch , see you at the next one, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Such a cute little monkey. I never thought of the white gel teeth for the teeth either. Thanks for the techniques & tutorial. Your card is adorable and is a nice take on the sketch challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week! I hope to see more of your artwork next week too!
    Denise
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable monkey! Thanks for the coloring tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining us at Midnight Madness this week, we are so happy that you decided to give it a go. Can't wait to hear and see more on the Copic coloring as you did a super great job on that monkey.

    Enjoy your own "Monkey" and her new found voice, may you never grow tired of it, LOL Thanks

    Jane, MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nikki! your card is so cute and thanks for the little tutorial on how you color your image! I look forward to coming back to see more great craft from you blog! :)chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a C-U-T-E card Nikki!! Love that little monkey and your colouring is fabulous!! Thanks for the tutorial..I am going to hold onto that!! Thank you for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week, we would love to see you back next week! Don't forget to stop back at the MMSC and get in on the “BIG” giveaway contest - HUGE fun to be had!
    Linda MMSC Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, cute and fun and makes me smile. Thanks for brightening up my day with your sweet card!! How do you not love a monkey like that? My kids would go "ape" over it. lol lol, They love monkeys.

    Thanks for joining us in the fun at the MMSC this week. We love having you and hope that you will play along with us many, many more times.

    Smiles,
    Carolyn
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nikki and welcome to Midnight Madness. I read you post and had memories of my little guy who just loved his stuffed monkey and carried it everywhere. He called it KEE-KO.....that's little kid short for King Kong hahaha Such an adorable card and great tutorial on copics. Thanks for playing along with us this week. We hope to see more of you awesome creations and that you will join us in our blog hop in October. Check Priscilla's blog for all the details!

    Carol
    MMSC-Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet monkey. You colored it wonderfully!! Such a cute card!! Great take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing along with the MMSC this week!!

    I have blog candy on my blog if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails