New Blog!

Please visit me at my new blog, PrettyLittlePaperThings for new and exciting posts!

Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

This card for my Daddy was a combination of a lot of trial-an-error.  One day I'll replicate it and do a video tutorial but in meantime, here's what I did: I got this great wood stamp which I've been wanting since I saw the PTI wood grain released, and I stamped it up in SU chocolate chip, then clear embossed the actual stamp, then I used a bunch of inks I had at the time and distressed it a bit and blended on top over and over until I liked the outcome.

 Then I used Mo's Big Boots to Fill AfAm image (can't seem to find that link), coloured it with copics, cut it out and clear embossed the entire thing so it would look right next to the embossed wood grain.  The paper is from the boy paper pack I mentioned in a very recent post and  of course, my distrezz it all, which I love!!

I made some notes about which inks I used n my wood grain but really, I think I'll start from scratch the next time.  I also want to try this hardwood flooring wood-technique I found as well :)  



Please excuse my poor quality pics and mirrored images, when I use my web cam, that's what I get :(


Have a wonnnnderful day!

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:- -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) Live with integrity.... -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Create with passion!
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* -:¦:-    NikkiNix

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails