New Blog!

Please visit me at my new blog, PrettyLittlePaperThings for new and exciting posts!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sweet Memories

After 12 long days of suffering a dear friend of the family passed away on Thursday. Her family flew in from all over the world to be with her in her last moments, all arriving within 3 days of the doctor's suggestion to say their goodbyes. They did, and she STILL kept on for 9 more days ;) (most had to return home - smile) This was so typical of her lasting and enduring spirit ! Her funeral is today and my dear family all asked if I had a sympathy card they could "order" and of course I said yes BUT then realized, OH NO!! My pretty new stash of sympathy cards are all the same... OMG... I have to make new ones!





May the beautiful memories

that fill your heart

help to also bring you comfort.



Praying for friends to comfort you,

faith to uphold yo

and beautiful memories

to heal your heart.



A special life has passed from our sight

but never from our hearts





And another:

Her memory is our keepsake

with which we'll never part

God has her in his keeping

We have her in our hearts.



Well, I googled and searched for just the right words and Bonnie at the Craftiblog had me coming back again and again to her sentiment, so thanks Bonnie, one of the 3 cards has your beautiful sentiment.


  • I've used a mish mash of papers and value pack cards and envelopes, and embellies and some silver pigment ink to ink some of the edges, and...

  • Plain white ribbon: I coloured the ribbon to match with Copic markers B00, BG10

  • The images were from Mo's digital Pencil' called Robin and the Lilacs from Sketching Stamper

  • Copic Markers - skin: E51, E00, E11 lips/cheeks: R11, Hair: E31, W35, Cloud/clothes/wings: B00, BG10, Y00... and a little stickles diamond to finish off the halo & wings & the lilacs mainly BV00 and some other purples and pinks for texture,leaves: YG11, YG06 and G17

  • The hole punch I used and never blogged about yet was the 2 inch reach - ribbon that punches 2 slits perfect for threading a ribbon through. It's pretty neat and I was thrilled to get a 40% off coupon for this baby at Michael's.

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:- -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) Live with integrity.... -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Create with passion!
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* -:¦:- NikkiNix

3 comments:

  1. Nikki, your Smpathy cards are just beautiful and are sure to bring some comfort to your friends family.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great cards you made! I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so positive and uplifting. The cards are stunning, you did a fantabulous job

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails